This award recognizes an individual who has rendered extraordinary service over time to the profession AND to CLTA. Nominees must meet strict criteria. It is intended to be awarded only when there is a deserving candidate, even if there are applicants, and no more than once per year. This award is named for our second Executive Director and CLTA past president, Lorraine D’Ambruoso, who not only exemplified best practices and innovative, engaging teaching for decades, but who also served in district and organizational leadership capacities, and who continues to serve CLTA and many other language and culture organizations, including her current position as Co-Convener of the CLTA/CWLP Summer Seminar at Santa Barbara. As you can see, Lorraine is a tireless advocate for language teaching and learning. Affiliates and CLTA members may nominate.
Requirements: Items 1-7 need to be ready to upload when filling out the online form. Items 8 & 9 can be provided separately or incorporated into letters and/or resumé.
1. evidence that the nominee has been a member of CLTA for 2 years, current and preceding years. Get email confirmation from email@example.com.
2. nominee lives in California or teaches in California (Get email verification of address from firstname.lastname@example.org
3. nominated by any current CLTA member including CLTA board members (Get email verification of membership of nominator from email@example.com
4. letter of nomination describing attributes and contributions
5. brief professional resumé/CV of nominee
6. three letters of recommendation
7. a recent photograph of nominee (one copy suitable for display)
8. evidence of at least 20 years of language teaching and/or service to language education, at least five in California
9. evidence of at least five years of exemplary service to CLTA and its members
10. completed nomination form (available online)
Online Nomination form can be found here: Application/Nomination Form