TRAVEL/STUDY GRANTS DESCRIPTIONS
The grants listed below have been generously provided in the past. CLTA will include specific dates and possibly changed descriptions, as they become available from the governments.
Grant applications have been extended to January 25, 2023 except where otherwise specified. Online application & nomination forms can be found by clicking here: Application/Nomination Forms. Be sure to check the specific requirements for each grant. Questions should be sent to Liz Matchett at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Governments and other organizations generously offer a variety of study grants to CLTA members.
Travel abroad is generally during the summer.
CLTA works closely with the granting entities, but occasionally the detailed information regarding location and dates of study are not made available at the anticipated times. CLTA makes every effort to keep the information up-to-date, so keep checking the site if your desired grant deadline and information is not posted.
Unless otherwise indicated, January 25, 2023 is the due date for government and foundation grant applications to CLTA.
Responsibilities of the grantee:
- Transportation and related extra costs not specifically specified in the grant (CLTA urges applicants to apply for LangAbroD grants at the same time you apply for a grant)
- Awardees are expected to contact the governments as soon as they are awarded a grant, to ascertain all the particulars regarding their grant
- Share their experience with other CLTA members via a professional presentation at our conference, in a webinar, or via another outlet, mutually determined by the wards Chair and the grantee. This should be completed within one year of the grant.
LangAbroD Grant for Travel
- LangAbroD grants are used to defray travel expenses for members who wish to improve their fluency in the language they teach by visiting a country where that language is spoken.
- The LangAbroad is a stand-alone grant.
- Applicants for LangAbroD Grants may also apply for one of the government grants.
- The LangAbroD is funded from the CLTA general fund
- CLTA encourages teachers who apply for travel/study grants to apply for LangAbroD grants simultaneously.
- Scholarship winners are not eligible for LangAbroD grants.
- Click on title for requirements.
Centro Mundolengua Summer Grant
Centro Mundolengua is providing an AP Spanish language and culture program for teachers in Seville, as well as an AP Spanish literature program in Madrid. The scholarship recipient can choose whichever program he/she prefers. In these wonderful historic centers of Spain, teachers can learn about the latest teaching resources, integration of language skills, and AP program goals.
These are the only programs for teachers in Spain endorsed by the College Board.
Our main goal is to ensure that the recipient of this scholarship learns pertinent information to be brought back and shared with his/her students.