Find a Teacher or a Teaching Position
CLTA (California Language Teachers Association) conducts its Placement Information Exchange as a service to members, to schools and school districts (elementary, middle school, high school, and community college) at no charge. The association’s role is limited to providing information to teachers who are seeking positions and to schools and districts which post vacancies. Responsibility for taking further action rests with the recipients of the information.
To work in California, candidates must have a preliminary or clear credential or must qualify for admission to a university intern program. Districts can no longer hire candidates with Emergency or Pre-Intern credentials.
For additional information on credentialing in California, please see the Commission on Teacher Credentialing website or contact the district with the opening.
Private schools establish their own criteria for employment. Community Colleges require a Master’s Degree in the Subject area or a Community College Credential.
- Find Employment Opportunities available in California.
- Submit your name to our Teachers Seeking Employment list.
- Remove your name from this listing
- Find teachers seeking employment in California.
- Submit an employment opportunity in your school or district to our Employment Opportunity list.
- Remove an employment opportunity from this list
If you are a foreign teacher interested in teaching in the United States, there is an organization which may be able to assist you: Visiting International Faculty Program. Information is available at http://www.vifprogram.com/teach-with-vif.php. This service also helps place U.S. teachers in other countries.