The Outstanding Teacher Award is bestowed on a world languages and culture educator who exemplifies exceptional qualities of an educator that demonstrate passion for teaching and learning. Affiliates and CLTA members may nominate a CLTA member colleague for Outstanding Teacher. There may be one or more Outstanding Teachers per year; awards are granted on the basis of evidence-based qualifications. The Awards Committee will not consider self-nominations. CLTA Board members may not nominate for this award. Click on title for requirements.
Requirements: Items 1-6 need to be ready to upload when filling out the online form. Items 7 & 8 are provided in the online form.
1. evidence that the nominee has been a member of CLTA for 2 years, current and preceding years. Get email confirmation from email@example.com.
2. letter of nomination describing attributes and contributions
3. brief professional resumé of nominee
4. evidence that the nominee is currently employed as a teacher of world language other than English
5.a recent photograph of nominee (one copy suitable for display)
6.three letters of recommendation from persons not CLTA board members (You may want to provide those who write letters of recommendation with the scoring rubric)
7. nominated by local affiliate or colleague (other than CLTA board member)
8. completed nomination form (online form only)
Online Nomination form can be found here: Application/Nomination Form