The Outstanding Teacher Award is bestowed on a world languages and culture educator who exemplifies exceptional qualities of an educator that demonstrate passion for teaching and learning. Affiliates and CLTA members may nominate a CLTA member colleague for Outstanding Teacher. There may be one or more Outstanding Teachers per year; awards are granted on the basis of evidence-based qualifications. The Awards Committee will not consider self-nominations. CLTA Board members may not nominate for this award. Click on title for requirements.
Requirements: Items 1-6 need to be ready to upload when filling out the online form. Items 7 & 8 are provided in the online form.
- evidence that the nominee is a member of CLTA. Get email confirmation from firstname.lastname@example.org (cc email@example.com on all correspondence).
- letter of nomination describing attributes and contributions
- brief professional resumé of nominee
- evidence that the nominee is currently employed as a teacher of world language other than English
- a recent photograph of nominee (one copy suitable for display)
- three letters of recommendation from persons not CLTA board members (You may want to provide those who write letters of recommendation with the scoring rubric)
- nominated by local affiliate or colleague (other than CLTA board member)
- completed nomination form (online form only)
Online Nomination form can be found here: Application/Nomination Form