Be kind to yourself and the profession. Join CLTA now!
WHY JOIN? Member Benefits
- Annual Conference – Disneyland this year!
- Annual Summer Seminar in Santa Barbara
- Travel grants
- Representation in Sacramento
- Liaison with other organizations
- Affiliate Activities
- Job Placement Exchange Website with “Membership Only” page
WHY JOIN RIGHT NOW?
- Six regional Jamborees this year
- Professional development
- Membership fee reduced to $25
- Free webinars monthly [link]
- You deserve it
AND MUCH, MUCH MORE!
Inspiring success, equity, leadership, and advocacy in world language education.
CLTA takes seriously our commitment to provide current and relevant event and resource information for the world language and culture professional
Six Jamborees have set their dates!
So Cal (IEFLA, FLAOC, MCLASC) at Esperanza HS in Anaheim – 9/21/19
- Registration is now open at tfaforms.com/428150.
- The registration fee is $85 for regular teachers,
- $75 for retirees and
- $35 for students who send proof with their registration to Paula Hirsch.
- Pay for Jamboree (SoCal)
Humboldt Area North Coast (NCLTA) – 10/5/19
- Carla Forchini will present a 3-hour workshop on the NEW Standards
- The workshop will be held at Humboldt State University, Native Forum Annex, BSS 162
- Optional No-host Luncheon off-site
- Registration is now open at www.tfaforms.com/4755535
- Registration fee is $40, Retiree is $35, Student Teacher is $25
- Pay for Jamboree (NCLTA/Humboldt) –
Sacramento (FLAGS, FLANS) at River City HS in West Sacramento —10/12/19, 8:00 am-3:45 pm
- Sacramento is looking for presenters for this Jamboree. Please submit proposals at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeElneD5nPWcKRaSMBfA3Sy5vzjBXypCoXIfG9Fsgid_Z95Lw/viewform?usp=sf_link
- Keynote Speakers are Nicole Naditz & Christine Lanphere who will provide an overview of the new World Language Content Standards
- Sessions include a variety of speakers and topics, including language-specific sessions in French and Spanish
- Registration is now open at www.tfaforms.com/4752701.
- The registration fee is $80 for regular teachers and $60 for retirees/students.
- Pay for Jamboree (Sacramento) –
Chico Area north of Sacramento (FLASH) – 10/18, 8:30 am-3:00 pm
- Joshua Cabral from Massachusetts is scheduled to present. He is a dynamic world language teacher who has 22 years of experience teaching French and Spanish in grades K through 12.
- The workshop will take place on campus at CSU, Chico. Breakfast and lunch are provided.
- Registration is now open at www.tfaforms.com/4752891.
- Registration fee is $150 (Student Teachers $95)
- Register EARLY. Space is limited
- Registration fee is $150 (Student Teachers $95)
- Pay for Jamboree (Chico Area) –
Ventura/Santa Barbara (SB-VAWLT) at at California Lutheran University—10/26
- Ventura/Santa Barbara is looking for presenters for this Jamboree. Please submit proposals at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScYIyJwGKnuW9Icjw_NRBsBXe_emGBr157vUESq6o14K1cxBg/viewform?vc=0&c=0&w=1
- Featured sessions will include specific language strands: American Sign Language, Chinese (Mandarin), Dual Language & Spanish Heritage Language; and special focus on the new CA World Languages Standards
- Registration is now open at www.tfaforms.com/4752714
- Registration fee is $40
- Pay for Jamboree (Ventura/Santa Barbara) –
San Diego (FLCSD + other groups in area) – 12/7/19, 8 am-3:30 pm
- San Diego is looking for Presenters for this Jamboree. Please submit proposals at: docs.google.com/forms/d/1gwnigiQpDgIomFAZqPTJWhb7kr4FojPOP_o2tZvhYjM/viewform?edit_requested=true
- The Jamboree will be held at the San Diego County Office Of Education, Linda Vista Road in San Diego
- Registration will open in some time in September/October
- Pay for Jamboree (San Diego)-
Dates not yet set for the following areas:
- San Jose/SF/Monterey (FLASCC, FLANC, FLAMCO)
- Visalia in the Central Valley (CVWLA)
NOTE: If you plan to attend more than one Jamboree, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org before registering for the 2nd Jamboree.
CLTA has Lowered Membership Dues AGAIN!
Membership in CLTA has now become even more affordable. Regular (full-time) dues are now $25. Retiree and Part-time dues are now $20.
Jamborees throughout the state are offering FREE memberships in CLTA and an affiliate of your choice. So sign-up for a Jamboree near you.
If you have subscribed to annual renewal of your membership, contact the Jamboree Registrar at email@example.com to find out how to take a advantage of the special Jamboree deals. Contact the registrar if you plan to attend more than one Jamboree.
Remember, September is when those who have opted in for Automatic renewal will get charge on their credit card. Look for the reminder email in August
Preliminary Information for
in partnership with ASL California
Dates: April 2-5, 2020
Location: Disneyland Hotel
1150 West Magic Way
Anaheim CA 92802
Conference Block Room Rates $210 + tax per night
Single – Quad
(Effective 3 days before, 3 days after the conference)
Overnight parking rates for hotel guests, $17
Hotel Registration Link
or call 714.520.5005
Submit a Proposal to Give a Presentation at SWCOLT / CLTA!
CLTA/ SWCOLT CONFERENCE
April 2-5, 2020 | Disneyland – Anaheim, California