TIME SENSITIVE! Teachers! Nominate a language student for CLTA-CIEE Student of the Year, including a $5,000 travel stipend. Find all nomination details here:
Regional Jamborees include FREE CLTA Membership & FREE Membership to one affiliate of your choice!
Conference Proposal Deadline for CLTA/SWCOLT is December 30
From the 2019 National Seal of Biliteracy Report for 2017-2018 Academic Year:
Inspiring success, equity, leadership, and advocacy in world language education.
CLTA takes seriously our commitment to provide current and relevant event and resource information for the world language and culture professional
Ventura/Santa Barbara (SB-VAWLT) at at California Lutheran University—10/26
- Ventura/Santa Barbara is looking for presenters for this Jamboree. Please submit proposals at HERE
- Featured sessions will include specific language strands: American Sign Language, Chinese (Mandarin), Dual Language & Spanish Heritage Language; and special focus on the new CA World Languages Standards
- Registration is now open at www.tfaforms.com/4752714
- Registration fee is $40
- Pay for Jamboree (Ventura/Santa Barbara)
San Diego (FLCSD + other groups in area) – 12/7/19, 8 am-3:30 pm
- San Diego is looking for Presenters for this Jamboree. Please submit proposals at: docs.google.com/forms/d/1gwnigiQpDgIomFAZqPTJWhb7kr4FojPOP_o2tZvhYjM/viewform?edit_requested=true
- The Jamboree will be held at the San Diego County Office Of Education, Linda Vista Road in San Diego
- Registration will open in some time in September/October
- Pay for Jamboree (San Diego)
Dates not yet set for the following areas:
- San Jose/SF/Monterey (FLASCC, FLANC, FLAMCO)
- Visalia in the Central Valley (CVWLA)
NOTE: If you plan to attend more than one Jamboree, please send an email to email@example.com before registering for the 2nd Jamboree.
CLTA has Lowered Membership Dues AGAIN!
Membership in CLTA has now become even more affordable. Regular (full-time) dues are now $25. Retiree and Part-time dues are now $20.
Jamborees throughout the state are offering FREE memberships in CLTA and an affiliate of your choice. So sign-up for a Jamboree near you.
If you have subscribed to annual renewal of your membership, contact the Jamboree Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how to take a advantage of the special Jamboree deals. Contact the registrar if you plan to attend more than one Jamboree.
Remember, September is when those who have opted in for Automatic renewal will get charge on their credit card. Look for the reminder email in August
Preliminary Information for
in partnership with ASL California
Dates: April 2-5, 2020
Location: Disneyland Hotel
1150 West Magic Way
Anaheim CA 92802
Conference Block Room Rates $210 + tax per night
Single – Quad
(Effective 3 days before, 3 days after the conference)
Overnight parking rates for hotel guests, $17
Hotel Registration Link
or call 714.520.5005
Submit a Proposal to Give a Presentation at SWCOLT / CLTA!
CLTA/ SWCOLT CONFERENCE
April 2-5, 2020 | Disneyland – Anaheim, California