CLTA AWARDS & GRANTS
CLTA proudly offers numerous awards and travel/study grants for its members. All members are encouraged to apply for or nominate colleagues for these exciting professional development and travel opportunities. In recogniziing one outstanding world language teacher, our whole profession benefits!
Online application & nomination forms can be found clicking here: Application/Nomination Forms.
If you know of other options for teacher awards or grants, please email Liz Matchett at email@example.com.
CLTA welcomes and encourages donations to the Scholarships Fund. These scholarships are directly beneficial to world language and cultures teachers who go the extra step to improve their teaching and subject matter knowledge through travel to the target culture. Please consider nominating a deserving colleague for the Memorial, Sidney Gorman or Sylvia Jones Scholarships. Applications are due January 25, 2023, except where otherwise specified.
Travel/Study Grants: Applications are due January 25, 2022, except where otherwise specified.
Governments and other organizations generously offer a variety of travel/study grants to CLTA members. CLTA works closely with the granting entities, but occasionally the detailed information regarding location and dates of travel/study are not determined until after the conference. CLTA makes every effort to keep the information up-to-date, so keep checking our site!
- Opportunities and providers will vary from year to year.
- Travel abroad is generally during the summer.
- You can apply for and combine the Memorial Scholarship and LangAbrod Grant to help defray costs not covered by the travel grant (for example: airfare)
- Winners agree to make a presentation for CLTA about their experience.
Responsibilities of the grantee:
- Pay for transportation and related extra costs not specifically specified in the grant (CLTA urges applicants to apply for LangAbroD grants at the same time you apply for a grant)
- Awardees are expected to contact the governments as soon as they are awarded a grant, to ascertain all the particulars regarding their grant
- Share their experience with other CLTA members via a professional presentation at our conference, in a webinar, or via another outlet, mutually determined by the wards Chair and the grantee. This should be completed within one year of the grant.
- Provide receipts to the treasurer for expenses associated with the grant