Updated: August 15, 2020
Links to useful information:
Links to useful information is provided for teachers to use appropriately. CLTA takes no responsibility for content. Information from links should be carefully viewed by teacher before use or sharing with students. If you see a problem with information in a link please notify email@example.com.
English Learner Roadmap (CDE website)
- Very easy to understand MP3 Zoom tutorial. Thanks to Maria Inostroza who produced (World Language Subject Matter Projects) STARS first online tutorial to support our teachers as they transition to delivering instruction through online learning systems and tools.
12-minute zoom tutorial
- Free wi-fi for students:
- Free Spanish resource for legally accessing books online:
- AATF online resource page for helpful ideas for using with your students: https://frenchteachers.org/resources/web-based-activities/
- Covid-19 Resources for World Language Teachers:
- Teaching remotely with Flipgrid
- List of curated online resources from google
- Multilingual books for kids – free
- Canvas comes highly recommended from one of our Advocacy Team members – a free classroom for online teaching
As a service to our teachers who may require this option for this year, we are providing information about remote testing, from testing companies who contact us with their information. It is the responsibility of the teacher/administrator to carefully vet each company before making a choice.
COVID-19 Response: Remote Proctoring Available
Please email Tanya at firstname.lastname@example.org with appropriate ideas for resources.
If you have a for-profit company whose products and services you would like to share, please email email@example.com .
- https://clta.net/affiliates/ (If you do not have an affiliate in your area and want to start one, contact Tanya at firstname.lastname@example.org )
- For more information email Tanya at email@example.com
Links to professional organizations
- ACTFL American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Language https://www.actfl.org/
- CDE California Department of Education https://www.cde.ca.gov/ To receive CDE updates via e-mail notification, subscribe to the World Language Teaching listserv by sending a “blank” message to firstname.lastname@example.org
- County Offices of Education List https://www.cde.ca.gov/re/sd/co/index.asp
- CWLP California World Language Project, one of the California Subject Matter Projects https://csmp.ucop.edu/cwlp
- CWLP Regional Sites (See CWLP and click on site)
- SWCOLT Southwest Conference on Language Teaching https://www.swcolt.org/
Links to professional development
- World Language Specific
Language Specific (If you do not see your language, please email Tanya at email@example.com.)
- California 2009 World Language Content Standards for California Public Schools (PDF)
- State Seal of Biliteracy
- World-Readiness Standards for Learning Languages
- Summary of World-Readiness Standards for Learning Languages
- California English Language Development Standards: Kindergarten Through Grade 12 (CA ELD Standards) (PDF)
- California Common Core State Standards for English Language Arts & Literacy in History/Social Studies, Science, and Technical Subjects (CA CCSS for ELA/Literacy) (PDF)
- America’s Languages: Investing in Language Education for the 21st Century
- California World Language Framework for California Public Schools (Coming soon!)