The CWLP Teacher Leader Award is sponsored by the California World Language Project.
This award is presented to the individual who in addition to being an outstanding teacher, has made a significant contribution to world languages and cultures teacher training and/or professional development, and is considered a leader in the profession.
Affiliates and individuals may nominate CLTA members.
Nominees must be CLTA members in good standing for the current and previous year.
The Awards Committee will not consider self-nominations. However, interested teachers are encouraged to approach a fellow CLTA member or affiliate rep. to ask to be nominated. Please contact Angela Martínez at email@example.com for help finding a member near you.
Requirements are listed below.
Items 1-6 need to be ready to upload when filling out the online form. Items 7 & 8 are provided in the online form.
- Evidence that the nominee is a member of CLTA. Get email confirmation from firstname.lastname@example.org (cc email@example.com on all correspondence).
- Letter of nomination describing attributes and contributions
- Brief professional resumé of nominee
- Evidence that the nominee is currently employed as a teacher of world language other than English
- A recent photograph of nominee (one copy suitable for display)
- Three letters of recommendation from persons not CLTA board members (You may want to provide those who write letters of recommendation with the scoring rubric)
- Nominated by local affiliate or colleague (other than CLTA board member)
- Completed nomination form (online form only)
Online Nomination form can be found here: Application/Nomination Form