The CWLP Teacher Leader Award is sponsored by the California World Language Project.
This award is presented to the individual who in addition to being an outstanding teacher, has made a significant contribution to world language and culture teacher training and/or professional development, and is considered a leader in the profession.
Affiliates and individuals may nominate CLTA members.
The Awards Committee will not consider self-nominations. However, interested teachers who have been a CLTA member for at least 2 years are encouraged to approach a fellow CLTA member or affiliate rep. to ask to be nominated. Please contact Angela Martínez at email@example.com for help finding a member near you.
CLTA Board members may not nominate for this award.
Requirements are listed below.
Items 1-6 need to be ready to upload when filling out the online form. Items 7 & 8 are provided in the online form.
- Evidence that the nominee is a member of CLTA. Get email confirmation from firstname.lastname@example.org (cc email@example.com on all correspondence).
- Letter of nomination describing attributes and contributions
- Brief professional resumé of nominee
- Evidence that the nominee is currently employed as a teacher of world language other than English
- A recent photograph of nominee (one copy suitable for display)
- Three letters of recommendation from persons not CLTA board members (You may want to provide those who write letters of recommendation with the scoring rubric)
- Nominated by local affiliate or colleague (other than CLTA board member)
- Completed nomination form (online form only)
Online Nomination form can be found here: Application/Nomination Form