ONE scholarship available
The recipient of the Centro Mundolengua Summer Scholarship has the ability to choose where he/she would like to study. Centro Mundolengua is providing an AP Spanish language and culture program for teachers in Seville, as well as an AP Spanish literature program in Madrid. The scholarship recipient can choose whichever program he/she prefers. In these wonderful historic centers of Spain, teachers can learn about the latest teaching resources, integration of language skills, and AP program goals. These are the only programs for teachers in Spain endorsed by the College Board. Our main goal is to ensure that the recipient of this scholarship learns pertinent information to be brought back and shared with his/her students.
- Option 1: AP Spanish Language and Culture Seville: June 24 – July 7, 2018
- Option 2: AP Spanish Literature Madrid: June 24 – July 7, 2018
The first week consists solely of cultural visits. The second week is a mix of cultural visits and AP workshops.
Thirty hours of AP Spanish development; full room and board; accommodations with a host family in Seville and in a residence in Madrid*; cultural activities; 24-hour support; class materials; College Board certificate.
*Subject to very limited availability. In lieu of a residence stay, participants will receive a credit of 400 euros in cash upon arrival. In this case, they are completely responsible for finding and booking accommodation. Meals are not included. The 400 euros will serve as a stipend for housing + meals.
Other expenses not included:
Airfare, weekend excursions, medical expenses / insurance, graduate credits, nighttime activities (except tapas night and welcome/farewell dinners).
Applications are open to high school teachers who are also CLTA members and who are currently teaching AP Spanish Language and Culture or AP Spanish Literature, or who plan to teach either course in the near future.
David Hirsch or Aurore Michelin
Phone: (312) 376-8034
1. evidence that the applicant has been a member of CLTA for 2 years, current and preceding years. Get email confirmation from email@example.com.
2. applicant lives in California or teaches in California (email confirmation from membership@clta)
3. letter written by applicant describing: 1) motivation for applying for this scholarship, 2) how the scholarship will help the applicant to improve his/her teaching skills, and 3) projected impact on the applicants’s students and classroom activities
4. brief professional resumé/CV
5. evidence that the applicant is currently employed as a teacher of world language other than English
6. a recent photograph of applicant (one copy suitable for display)
7. three letters of recommendation (give a copy of the check list and rubric to those writing recommendation letters)
8. willing to submit a written report for the CLTA newsletter or present a report to the membership at CLTA’s Annual Conference next year
9. have not been a recipient of this grant in the previous four years
When you have all the above information ready, click on Application to go to the online application form.