The Goethe Institut offers only four grants for the four largest venues. As soon as CLTA becomes large enough, Goethe may consider our organization for a grant.
When the grant is offered, this description applies:
The Goethe InstitutGrant is provided by the German Government through the Goethe Institut offices in San Francisco. The grant enables the recipient to participate in a two- or four-week language course in Germany during the summer. It includes tuition, lodging, breakfast, and one meal on weekdays, and medical insurance for duration of the course. Cost of transportation to and from Germany is the responsibility of the recipient. The award is given for the summer of the following year.
The Goethe Institut is not offering a CLTA Study Grant at this time.
1. evidence that the applicant has been a member of CLTA for 2 years, current and preceding years. Get email confirmation from email@example.com.
2. applicant lives in California or teaches in California (email confirmation from membership@clta)
3. letter written by applicant describing: 1) motivation for applying for this scholarship, 2) how the scholarship will help the applicant to improve his/her teaching skills, and 3) projected impact on the applicants’s students and classroom activities
4. brief professional resumé/CV
5. evidence that the applicant is currently employed as a teacher of world language other than English
6. a recent photograph of applicant (one copy suitable for display)
7. three letters of recommendation (give a copy of the check list and rubric to those writing recommendation letters)
8. willing to submit a written report for the CLTA newsletter or present a session at CLTA’s Annual Conference next year
9. have not been a recipient of this grant in the previous four years
When you have all the above information ready, click on Application to go to the online application form.