Last year’s grant was for Salamanca, Spain and included tuition, full board accommodation on campus or with a host family (room sharing), transport to and from Madrid-Salamanca, and some extra-curricular activities. Cost of transportation to and from Spain and personal expenses are the responsibility of the recipient.
This travel/study grant allows a teacher to travel to Spain during the summer. Locations and times may vary each year. Click on title for requirements.
The Consulate sometimes does not receive official authorization until late in the process. Once the grant is announced by CLTA, on this website, in Newsletters, and What’s New for 2018-19, we encourage you to apply.
1. evidence that the applicant has been a member of CLTA for 2 years, current and preceding years. Get email confirmation from firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. applicant lives in California or teaches in California (email confirmation from membership@clta)
3. letter written by applicant describing: 1) motivation for applying for this scholarship, 2) how the scholarship will help the applicant to improve his/her teaching skills, and 3) projected impact on the applicants’s students and classroom activities
4. brief professional resumé/CV
5. evidence that the applicant is currently employed as a teacher of world language other than English
6. a recent photograph of applicant (one copy suitable for display)
7. three letters of recommendation (give a copy of the check list and rubric to those writing recommendation letters)
8. willing to submit a written report for the CLTA newsletter or present a report to the membership at CLTA’s Annual Conference next year
9. have not been a recipient of this grant in the previous four years
When you have all the above information ready, click on Application to go to the online application form.