The Quebec Grant, provided by the Quebec Government Office in Los Angles,
enables the recipient to reside in the province of Quebec and study during the
summer. Included are the cost of tuition, room and board, special activities, and
excursions. The recipient is expected to enroll in courses selected from the regular
summer offerings. Cost of transportation to and from Quebec is the responsibility of
the recipient. In 2010 the three-week course included tuition, room, excursions,
materials, and an allotment for food.
1. evidence that the applicant has been a member of CLTA for 2 years, current and preceding years. Get email confirmation from email@example.com.
2. applicant lives in California or teaches in California (email confirmation from membership@clta)
3. letter written by applicant describing: 1) motivation for applying for this scholarship, 2) how the scholarship will help the applicant to improve his/her teaching skills, and 3) projected impact on the applicants’s students and classroom activities
4. brief professional resumé/CV
5. evidence that the applicant is currently employed as a teacher of world language other than English
6. a recent photograph of applicant (one copy suitable for display)
7. three letters of recommendation (give a copy of the check list and rubric to those writing recommendation letters)
8. willing to submit a written report for the CLTA newsletter or present a report to the membership at CLTA’s Annual Conference next year
9. have not been a recipient of this grant in the previous four years
When you have all the above information ready, click on Application to go to the online application form.