Return to Main Page.
Student worksheet Levels 2/3
In this activity we will visit the site for Diego Rivera---one of the three great Muralists of modern Mexico we will be studying this year and to know more about MURALS.
List the general historical data you would expect to find out about the life of this muralist.(at least 5)
1. Go to http://www.diegorivera.com/indexesp.php
2. Answer the following:
Where was Diego Rivera born? ____________________________________________________
Where did he study?____________________________________________________
Who influenced his style?____________________________________________________
What other style did he learn in Paris?________________________________________________
What art forms of the past did he reuse?_______________________________________________
For whom did he want to do his art?________________________________________________
3. Click on GALERÍA, choose 3 of his arts works, click on each and give the following information:
number of people
What does the art depict?
Do you see Diego Rivera in the picture?
4. List the titles of all 24 art works. Circle words in the titles you do not know.
5. List all of the words from the titles that are similar in English.
6. List and look up all the words in the titles you don't know.
Your teacher may ask you to do one or more of the following in Spanish.
|Computer Work/ Site Access||25 pts.|
|Written Work for # 2A/2B thru 5A/5B||25 pts.|
Criteria: All work is to be neat and of a quality worth displaying.
- · Computer with access to the World Wide Web, poster samples of a selection of the artist's works, classroom resources.
- · Student worksheets.
- · STANDARD #1.1:Students engage in conversation with a classmate, provide and obtain information, express feelings and emotions, and exchange opinions.
- · STANDARD #1.2:Students understand and interpret written and spoken language on a variety of topics.
- · STANDARD #1.3:Students present information, concepts, and ideas to an audience of listeners or readers on a variety of topics.
- · STANDARD #2.1:Students demonstrate an understanding of the relationship between the practices and perspectives of the cultures studied.
- · STANDARD #2.2:Students demonstrate an understanding of the relationship between the products and perspectives of the culture studied.
- · STANDARD #3.1:Students reinforce and further their knowledge of other disciplines through the foreign language.
- · STANDARD #3.2:Students acquire information and recognize the distinctive viewpoints that are available only through the foreign language and its culture.
- · STANDARD #4.1:Students demonstrate an understanding of the nature of language through comparisons of their language and their own.
- · STANDARD #4.2:Students demonstrate an understanding of the concept of culture through comparisons of the cultures studied and their own.
- · STANDARD #5.2 Students show evidence of becoming lifelong learners by using the language for personal enjoyment and enrichment.
MULTIPLE INTELLIGENCES ADDRESSED
Return to Main Page.
This page is maintained by Lewis Johnson. For question or comments, please write to email@example.com