Una Visita al Zoo de Madrid
In this activity we will be visiting the
web site for the Zoo in Madrid, Spain.
1. Brainstorm a list of animals and other
attractions you think you might find at the Zoo.
2. What might be different from what we would find at a zoo in
3. What are your five favorite animals?
Go to the following site: http://www.zoomadrid.com/
1. What are the headings you find on the page?
2. What links are listed at the bottom of the page?
3. Which words are similar to English?
4. Which words do you not understand?
1. Find the heading "Descubre el Zoo." Under the heading, click on "Cómo Llegar."
Find the Metro Stop for the zoo.
5. Now click on "Precios y Horarios."
Find the following information:
Hours of operation
Find the heading "Animales," and choose "Animales Por Continente." Then choose "America." List five animals that you find
(in Spanish) in Fauna Americana.
2. Now go back to the previous page "Animales Por Continente."
Take the time to click on a couple of the other continents and explore.
Write down the name of three animals in Spanish in each section.
3. Return to the main page, http://www.zoomadrid.com/. Select "Descubre el zoo," and click on "Mapa." On the map, trace the route
you would recommend to a friend.
5. If you wish, you may now visit other sections under "Descubre el Zoo" such as "Instalaciones," "Exhibiciones," etc.
With a partner, discuss in Spanish which
section you liked the most and why? What is your favorite animal?
¿Qué animal te gusta más? ¿Por qué?
Your teacher may ask you to do one or more
of the following in Spanish.
- Make a poster advertising the zoo. Include hours, prices
- Create a spot for the radio or television advertising the
zoo or a special event at the zoo. It can be a skit, a song,
or a rap.
- Write a calendar for the zoo of special events that might
occur during the month of your choice. How much do they cost?
When do they take place?
- Write a press release for the birth of a baby animal (your