If you find a listing that is of interest to you, contact the school, district, or website indicated directly.
If you find a position that has already been filled, or if the posting is inaccurate, please let us know so that we can remove the listing. Write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
California schools need to fill their vacancies with teachers who possess a full, clear,California teaching credential. However, as the opening of the school approaches, credentialing requirements can, in some cases, be waived with the agreement that the candidate be enrolled in a credentialing program.
Galt High School – Das Schuljahr dort beginnt am 13. August. Je eine Klasse Deutsch 1 und Deutsch plus eine kombinierte Klasse 3,4,AP suchen eine/n neue/n LehrerIn.
Bewerbungen bitte umgehend an email@example.com schicken.
Einzelheiten bekommt ihr bei Jennifer Petersen firstname.lastname@example.org
German teacher – high school. Clovis High School is located in the Central Valley.
Position: High School Spanish Teacher Probationary, Full-Time #433
Employing District: Ferndale Unified High School District
Salary: Placement on Certificated Salary Schedule
Apply By: July 30, 2014 4:00 pm
Contact Name: Jack Lakin, Superintendent, (707) 786-5900
Requires a California Single Subject Spanish credential.
Standard Application Procedure
• Certificated Application Form
(available online at: www.humboldt.k12.ca.us/pers/appinfo.php)
• Cover Letter Stating reasons for application and summarizing candidate’s qualifications
• 3-5 Current Letters of recommendation
Return your Application packet to:
Ferndale Unified School District
1231 Main Street
Ferndale, CA 95536
Apply By: 2014-07-30 16:00:00
Elementary Spanish Teacher—Carden Academy, San JoseTitle – Part Time Spanish Teacher
Reports to – Principal and/or Vice Principal
Length of Assignment – 10 months
The Spanish teacher must demonstrate a fluency in the Spanish language and proficiency for teaching. The teacher will be responsible for instructing students how to speak, understand, and write Spanish for different grade levels. They will need a strong understanding of Spanish literature, art, and philosophy. They will need to prepare tests, assignments, and other assessments to measure student’s performance. The teacher must be available from Monday to Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Job Duties shall include, but not be limited to the following:
Implementing the curriculum for Spanish
Teaching Spanish to students in kindergarten, first and second grade
Submitting lesson plans in the approved format to the administration
Employing a variety of methods for students to demonstrate learning and
Evaluating and grading homework, assignments, and tests in a timely fashion and
providing feedback to students on performance
Incorporating technology into the Spanish program
Maintaining accurate attendance records
Attending required staff meetings and serving, as appropriate, on staff committees
Performing other duties that may be assigned, from time to time, by the administration
Maintaining a professional attitude and loyalty to the school
Bachelor’s degree in Spanish from an accredited institution
Must have a working knowledge of iWork and/or Microsoft Office Suite
Must be comfortable using Student Information Systems and other software applications
that may be used for educational purposes
Teaching credential preferred but not required
2-5 years of teaching experience
Filing deadline TBA
* World Language Teacher: French – 60% at Foothill High School, Pleasanton, CA. Necessary information is at the Pleasanton Unified School District website. See: Job Openings. Filing deadline is July 11, 2014.
Seeking full-time Spanish instructor for 4th and 5th grade students. Competitive salary. Apply at http://www.edjoin.org/searchResults.aspx?keywords=hillsborough or contact Superintendent Ranii directly at email@example.com Open until filled.
* Two Spanish teacher openings at Cordova High School in the Folsom Cordova Unified School District. Positions include Spanish 1 and AP. Job descriptions and application information can be found on www.edjoin.org and by clicking this link:
Applications will be accepted until 4pm June 26, 2014.
* 2014-2015 El Dorado Union High School District Recruitment
Comprehensive High School Teacher
World Language – Spanish
The successful candidate will possess the skills, knowledge, and abilities to:
Teach content and skills in vocabulary, listening, literature, and appreciation of foreign cultures;
- Evaluate student performance and prepare applicable grade reports;
- Communicate and be available to parents and students to discuss individual student progress;
- Identify student needs and cooperate with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students;
- Participate cooperatively with the total staff in the development of a positive educational environment responsive to all students;
- Maintain professional competence through participation in Professional Learning Communities in-service education activities provided by the district and/or in self-selected professional growth activities.
Single Subject Spanish Credential
English Learner Authorization
This recruitment is part-time at a comprehensive high school.
Interested and qualified applicants are asked to send a district certificated application, letter of interest, resume, minimum of three letters of recommendation, and transcripts of all college work and relevant credentials to:
El Dorado Union High School District
4675 Missouri Flat Road
Placerville, CA 95667
Filing Deadline: June 10, 2014, 4:30 p.m.
For further information, please visit our website at www.eduhsd.net, or contact Lisa Alpers (530) 622-5081 ext. 7228.
* Loyola Marymount University has an opening for an Upward Bound Teacher, teaching a foreign language.
LOYOLA MARYMOUNT UNIVERSITY
UPWARD BOUND INSTRUCTOR
Funded by a grant from the U.S. Department of Education, Upward Bound provides educational and personal support services designed to increase the high school graduation and college enrollment rates of its participants. LMU UB serves 53 Westchester Enriched Sciences Magnet students from low-income families in which neither parent has earned a bachelor’s degree. Services include: academic advising, tutoring, college visits, assistance with the college and financial aid application process, social activities, community service, and a summer residential experience on the LMU campus.
The Upward Bound Instructor will teach 1, 2-hour course Monday through Friday, time TBD. Desired subjects are Latin, American Sign Language, or other foreign languages other than Spanish. In addition, instructors attend weekly lunchtime staff meetings and are available for occasional evening and weekend program activities.
Other responsibilities include: develop plan and implement innovative and interactive instructional programs to engage students for the six-week summer program, develop a pre and post-test assessment of core subject area taught, and maintain a positive learning environment.
Loyola Marymount University shares in a rich intellectual heritage fostered by the Jesuit and Marymount educational traditions and founded on social justice and ethical values. Governed by an independent Board of Trustees, LMU cherishes its Catholic identity while at the same time welcoming people from diverse social, religious, and cultural backgrounds. LMU is in Los Angeles, yet near the Pacific Ocean, offering a dynamic cultural environment.
We seek candidates who possess a Bachelor’s degree. A California Teaching Credential and Master’s degree are desired. The ability to develop rapport and work collaboratively with all members of the Upward Bound staff is required. We also seek candidates that have excellent teaching, organizational and communication skills, creativity and resourcefulness. Experience working with students from low-income backgrounds is required. We prefer incumbents with experience overcoming barriers similar to those of Upward Bound students.
Interested candidates may apply by submitting online a cover letter and resume to http://jobs.lmu.edu (reference #0140285).
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ivana Hazboun, PHR I Senior Human Resources Specialist, Staff Relations and Recruitment
Loyola Marymount University I One LMU Drive, Suite 1900 I Los Angeles, CA 90045-2659
Tel: 310.338.3809 I Fax: 310.338.2722 I www.lmu.edu
SPANISH TEACHER – 4/5 POSITION
* Mercy High School has an opening for a 4/5 Spanish teacher for the 14-15 academic year. Position will teach a varied Spanish curriculum including grammar, vocabulary, writing, speaking, listening, culture, etc. Reporting to the Spanish Department Chairperson, the teacher is responsible for the overall coordination of teaching in his/her subjects including executing well-developed lesson plans, accurate assessment of student’s progress, participation in department meetings and team planning sessions, supervision of students, willingness to learn new methodology, ability to undertake co-curricular responsibilities. Ideal candidate has knowledge of attending and/or teaching in Catholic schools and a strong desire to serve in the vocation of Catholic education.
- B.A in Spanish minimum
- CA Secondary Teaching Credential
Additional preferred qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in Spanish or related topic
- Minimum 3 years teaching experience, preferably in a Catholic secondary school environment
Position requires candidate to be on campus beginning mid-August 2014 through mid-June 2015.
Salary based on faculty salary scale, and commensurate with experience and education of applicant.
Deadline for submission is May 28, 2014. (CLTA will leave up this post for a few days; we have not heard that the position has been filled.)
Please submit all application documents and completed Administrative Application Form to:
Mrs. Kay Carter
Mercy High School
2750 Adeline Drive
Burlingame, CA 94010
or email Kay at firstname.lastname@example.org
For information about a .6 FTE Spanish position in the El Dorado Union High School District, please contact: EL Dorado UHSD Spanish Position
San Mateo High School is seeking a French teacher for a third year class.
This is a 1/5 position in a block schedule. Class is tentatively scheduled for 50 minutes on Mondays, 90 minutes on both Wednesdays, and Fridays. Application Procedure: Interested applicants should apply through www.edjoin.org and include attachments.
Gateway Middle School in San Francisco will be hiring a part time Spanish and Heritage Spanish teacher for the 2014-15 school year; it is a 60% position and health benefits are included. The middle school started in 2011, so it’s an exciting and innovative place to teach. If you know of anyone who might be interested, please refer them to the job posting here: http://www.gatewaypublicschools.org/page.cfm?p=526
Interested candidates should email a resume, cover letter and references to email@example.com
Notre Dame Academy High School in Los Angeles seeks a long-term substitute teacher for a part-time Spanish position. Prior successful experience teaching high school Spanish required. Interested applicants please e-mail a resumé to:
Lilliam Paetzold, Principal
2014 Academic Positions
Middlebury-Monterey Language Academy, a leader in language learning for middle and high school students, seeks Residential Academic Staff for the 2014 season. MMLA, an intensive four-week language immersion program, offers students opportunities to study Arabic, Mandarin Chinese, French, German, or Spanish with skilled educators at three sites across the US and one in Beijing, China.
The Academic Staff are part of a community that creates an intensive four-week immersion program for middle and high school students each summer. They plan and implement cultural classes, the MMLA Immersion Curriculum, and participate in all academy programming.
At MMLA, students of five languages learn via a specially designed MMLA Immersion Curriculum. All instructional staff are required to participate in pre-season curriculum training to understand MMLA’s educational mission and vision and to master and implement the immersion curriculum by adopting and practicing the Middlebury Immersion Methodology. All staff and students adopt the Middlebury Language Pledge© so that a full immersion environment is created.
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- A minimum of two years of world language teaching experience at the secondary level required.
- Mastery of target language and cultures and educator with administrative and leadership experience preferred.
- Well-versed in current world language pedagogy.
- Teacher training and professional development experience strongly preferred.
- This is a residential position and all employees will be provided room and board.
These positions are offered at the following locations:
• Green Mountain College, VT
• Swarthmore College, PA
• Pomona College, CA
• Beijing, China
Make a difference this summer in young lives.
Apply now at: