If you find a listing that is of interest to you, contact the school directly.
If you find a position that has already been filled, please let us know so that we can remove the listing. Write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
California schools need to fill their vacancies with teachers who possess a full, clear,California teaching credential. However, as the opening of the school approaches, credentialling requirements can, in some cases, be waived with the agreement that the candidate be enrolled in a credentialling program.
French Teacher, Part-Time
El Dorado Union High School District
Union Mine High School
Filing Deadline: May 21, 2013 @ 4:30 p.m.
For application and further info: www.eduhsd.net
Chinese teacher, Part-Time (teaching 2 classes)
Chatsworth, CA, Catholic Middle School. May also be able to sub for a high school teacher who will be taking maternity leave in October.
Contact: Anne Kulinski email@example.com
El Dorado High School and Union Mine High School in Placerville, CA
2 Long term Spanish sub positions in the fall:1) 1 semester (Spanish 1-2) 1 ) 8 weeks (Spanish 4/AP, Spanish 3, Spanish for Spanish Speakers)
Please contact Leslie Baker for more information:
The Archer School for Girls is an educational community that supports and challenges young women to discover their passions and realize their true potential.
- We provide a rigorous, integrated college preparatory curriculum that fosters critical thinking and intellectual curiosity.
- We create and sustain a collaborative teaching and learning environment that explores and refines the ways girls learn best.
- We help girls to become leaders and life-long learners, strengthening their capacity to contribute positively to their communities.
- We strengthen girls’ voices in a diverse and culturally rich environment.
- We embrace possibility, promote challenge-seeking and support risk-taking.
- We encourage girls to develop meaningful relationships with peers and faculty rooted in honesty, respect and responsibility.
- We graduate courageous, committed and ethical young women who take responsibility for their own physical, financial and emotional well-being.
We are currently seeking a full-time French Teaching Associates starting August 2013. This individual should be a recent college graduate with a desire to teach in either the Middle School (Grades 6-8) or the Upper School (Grades 9-12), under the direction of talented faculty.
Ideal candidates will be passionate about working with and learning from young people as well as supporting students outside of the classroom, and providing administrative support as necessary.
The Archer School for Girls is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Announcement: Part-Time Spanish and Heritage Spanish Teacher
at Gateway Middle School, a Gateway Public School
Gateway Public Schools is seeking a part-time Spanish teacher for Gateway Middle School, a new public charter school in San Francisco. Gateway Middle School is committed to helping each student – regardless of learning style or previous academic achievement – learn the skills, habits and knowledge necessary for success in college and beyond. Gateway Middle School opened in August 2011 with one hundred sixth grade students. We have added a grade each year and we will be adding another class of students this fall to grow to our full capacity of three hundred 6th-8th graders.
Key Characteristics of Gateway Middle School:
· A small school where all students are known well and supported to achieve at high levels
· A diverse student body that is taught and encouraged to be active partners in their education
· An innovative and challenging curriculum that engages students and excites them about learning
· An emphasis on four core values and restorative practices to develop positive relationships and community
· A faculty who believes that all students learn differently and who vary their approaches to meet individuals’ needs
· A faculty who actively participate in promoting students social-emotional growth outside of the classroom
· A supportive adult community characterized by continuous learning, reflection, and collaboration focused on improving student learning outcomes
· A potential feeder for Gateway High School, a fourteen year-old, highly successful college-preparatory high school
Part-Time Spanish and Heritage Spanish Teacher Responsibilities:
· Teach sixth grade Exploratory Spanish, a semester-long exploratory course for all sixth graders.
· Teach one seventh and one eighth grade Exploratory Spanish course, a year-long course focused on helping students learn Spanish as a second language.
· Teach one seventh and one eighth grade Heritage Spanish course, a year-long course focused on developing literacy, speaking, and listening skills for students who are native Spanish speakers or students who attended bilingual elementary schools.
· Develop curriculum for Heritage Spanish and Spanish classes.
· Work collaboratively with other staff members to plan curriculum and to build a positive culture across the school.
Undergraduate degree in Spanish or at least 18 post-high school credits in Spanish required
- Current California credential in Spanish or current Intern credential in Spanish preferred
- Commitment to Gateway’s mission is essential, including a desire to work with a diverse student body
- Desire to be part of building the larger school culture and community
- Ability to work collaboratively with a dedicated staff and involved parent body
- Experience working with middle school students required; experience in an urban public school preferred
Hours and Compensation:
This is a half time position to be paid out on a salary bases at .5 FTE.
Work hours are from 11:50am-3:30pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and from 8:15am-1:15pm on Wednesday.
This position begins on August 12, 2013 and works on school days and professional development days, including faculty weeks at the beginning and the end of the school year. Benefits include all school holidays and sick time.
Please send a cover letter addressing your interest in Gateway’s unique mission as well as information about your previous experience and personal qualifications. Please also send a detailed resume and three letters of recommendation. You may include additional information, if desired.
Aaron Watson, Principal
Gateway Middle School
2340 Jackson Street, Third Floor
San Francisco, CA 94115
(415) 922-1055 (fax)
Gateway Middle School supports and challenges all students to discover their unique potential, actively participate in their community, and develop skills and habits to achieve excellence in high school and college.
For more information about Gateway Middle School, please visit our website at www.gatewaymiddle.org