If you find a listing that is of interest to you, contact the school, district, or website indicated directly.
If you find a position that has already been filled, or if the posting is inaccurate, please let us know so that we can remove the listing. Write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
California schools need to fill their vacancies with teachers who possess a full, clear,California teaching credential. However, as the opening of the school approaches, credentialing requirements can, in some cases, be waived with the agreement that the candidate be enrolled in a credentialing program.
CLTA Job Posting Guide
Please provide the following information when posting a job opening:
• Language(s) and Level(s)
• Credential or other requirements
• Status (probationary, temporary or other)
• Length of service expected
• Application information
• Person to contact and contact information
• Filing deadline
• PLEASE PLAN TO ADVISE CLTA WHEN POSITION IS FILLED
Latino College Preparatory Academy (LCPA) in San José is looking for a long-term sub during a teacher’s leave starting immediately.
The position is 1.0 and includes:
* Four sections of lovely & motivated Spanish 1 as a Heritage Language students
* One section of lively & energetic Spanish 1 as a Heritage Language students
* Collaboration with an excellent and supportive department.
Please contact LCPA HR Coordinator Lupita Medina for more information at (408) 729-2281 Ext. 2226 or email@example.com. The position is posted on EdJoin.
Kennedy High School in Fremont is seeking a full time Spanish Teacher for levels 1 and 2. This is an immediate opening that needs to be filled quickly. If interested please contact:
Ronaldo D. Fisher Ed.D
John F. Kennedy High School,
(510) 657-4070 x27008
Part time certified Spanish, maximum 6 to 8 hrs per week, possibility of more hours in other schools located within the OC area who could teach levels from Pre-K to 6th grade, in an IB elementary public school in Mission Viejo TPRS, Comprehensible Input is a plus but not required. The candidate should be open to learn a variety of non-traditional methods to teach the students. Training and curriculum will be provided. Compensation to be discussed with our company.Please contact:
CONVERSA mission is to teach Spanish for long term acquisition through an efficient, structured and engaging program where students can speak the language and communicate effectively. Our students are introduced to new cultures while widening professional and personal opportunities.
Subject: 3/5th Spanish Temporary Position
Spanish 1 Native Speakers
Contact: Hilda Arredondo
Assistant Principal, Student Affairs
Buena Park High School
Posted 8/27/2014: St. Mary’s School(K-8) in San Francisco is hiring a Mandarin instructor to begin immediately for a combined teaching/after school program position. This position has 0.5 teaching assignment during regular school day, and also work from 3:30pm to 6pm for the after school program with a class of 20 students age 5-12 (beginner level). If interested, please contact:
St. Mary’s School & Chinese Catholic Center
838 Kearny St.
San Francisco, CA 94108
There is a possibility of full time employment as a Spanish teacher in the East Side Union H.S. District. Most likely the position would be split between two schools: Silver Creek High School and Santa Teresa High School, both in San José. The candidate would be given a period off to “travel” between the two schools and receive a full time salary and benefits. Please contact Greg Louie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
School/District (PRIVATE HIGH SCHOOL, PALO ALTO PREPARATORY SCHOOL LOCATED IN MTN. VIEW, CA
Language(s) and Level(s) (SPANISH, LEVELS I, II, III)
Credential or other requirements (CALIF TEACHING CREDENTIAL IN SUBJECT OR CURRENT ENROLLMENT AS AN INTERN IN CRED PROGRAM)
Status (probationary, temporary or other) (FULL TIME POSITION)
Length of service expected (2014-2015 SCHOOL YEAR AND BEYOND)
Application information (SEND LETTER OF INTRO, RESUME, COPY OF CREDENTIAL, LTRS OF REC TO email@example.com
Person to contact and contact information. (Chris Keck, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Filing deadline (NONE)
San Francisco Unified School District (SFUSD) is seeking experienced individuals for several high school Foreign Language: Spanish teaching positions.
To apply, please go to www.sfusd.edu/jobs and click on the APPLY NOW button on the menu to the left to create an online application with our district.
1. Spanish teacher – Balboa High School – Requisition #131130 – Single Subject Spanish credential with English Learner Authorization required. This position is full-time and includes benefits. Candidates should have a strong desire to teach students from all backgrounds and all levels, actively collaborate with department, and use data to gauge effectiveness of teaching.
2. Spanish teacher – Downtown High School – Requisition #132825 – Single Subject Spanish credential with English Learner Authorization required. 0.5 FTE/20 hours per week. This position is half-time but includes full benefits. This position could potentially be combined with the position at the International Studies Academy as they are located in the same neighborhood.
3. Spanish teacher – International Studies Academy – Requisition #132494 – Single Subject Spanish credential with English Learner Authorization required. This position is full-time for the fall semester. However, it can also be part-time and combined with the position at Downtown High School as they are located close to each other.
Ideal candidates should also possess a commitment to SFUSD’s focus on access & equity, student achievement, and accountability.
For more information on becoming a teacher in our district please go to www.sfusd.edu.
• School/District : Natomas Charter School, Performing and Fine Arts Academy
• Language(s) and Level(s): HIgh School Spanish, levels I-III
• Credential or other requirements: Single Subject credential in Spanish preferred, but would consider an intern
• Status (probationary, temporary or other): We would consider a long term sub or a permanent teacher
• Length of service expected: could be permanent
• Application information: Please send resume, cover letter and three letters of reference to Tammy Lee at: email@example.com.
• Person to contact and contact information: Tammy Lee, Academy Coordinator. firstname.lastname@example.org
• Posted on this site 7/29/2014: Filing deadline: Open until filled
Galt High School – Das Schuljahr dort beginnt am 13. August. Je eine Klasse Deutsch 1 und Deutsch plus eine kombinierte Klasse 3,4,AP suchen eine/n neue/n LehrerIn.
Bewerbungen bitte umgehend an email@example.com schicken.
Einzelheiten bekommt ihr bei Jennifer Petersen firstname.lastname@example.org
Hayward High School
Hayward Unified School District
Hayward, CA 94541
Upcoming school year
60% German position open for a credentialed applicant. The position could possibly be full-time if the applicant is credentialed in another area
Contact Principal: email@example.com
Edgar Erker firstname.lastname@example.org oder EEEOtter@aol.com
Clovis High School
Clovis Unified School District
Clovis, CA 93611
German level(s) ?
Upcoming school year
Dr. George M. Alvarado, Learning Director Clovis High School
Office : 559.327.1225, Fax : 559.327.1010
Email : email@example.com
Position: High School Spanish Teacher Probationary, Full-Time #433
Employing District: Ferndale Unified High School District
Salary: Placement on Certificated Salary Schedule
Apply By: July 30, 2014 4:00 pm
Contact Name: Jack Lakin, Superintendent, (707) 786-5900
Requires a California Single Subject Spanish credential.
Standard Application Procedure
• Certificated Application Form
(available online at: www.humboldt.k12.ca.us/pers/appinfo.php)
• Cover Letter Stating reasons for application and summarizing candidate’s qualifications
• 3-5 Current Letters of recommendation
Return your Application packet to:
Ferndale Unified School District
1231 Main Street
Ferndale, CA 95536
Apply By: 2014-07-30 16:00:00
Elementary Spanish Teacher—Carden Academy, San JoseTitle – Part Time Spanish Teacher
Reports to – Principal and/or Vice Principal
Length of Assignment – 10 months
The Spanish teacher must demonstrate a fluency in the Spanish language and proficiency for teaching. The teacher will be responsible for instructing students how to speak, understand, and write Spanish for different grade levels. They will need a strong understanding of Spanish literature, art, and philosophy. They will need to prepare tests, assignments, and other assessments to measure student’s performance. The teacher must be available from Monday to Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Job Duties shall include, but not be limited to the following:
Implementing the curriculum for Spanish
Teaching Spanish to students in kindergarten, first and second grade
Submitting lesson plans in the approved format to the administration
Employing a variety of methods for students to demonstrate learning and
Evaluating and grading homework, assignments, and tests in a timely fashion and
providing feedback to students on performance
Incorporating technology into the Spanish program
Maintaining accurate attendance records
Attending required staff meetings and serving, as appropriate, on staff committees
Performing other duties that may be assigned, from time to time, by the administration
Maintaining a professional attitude and loyalty to the school
Bachelor’s degree in Spanish from an accredited institution
Must have a working knowledge of iWork and/or Microsoft Office Suite
Must be comfortable using Student Information Systems and other software applications
that may be used for educational purposes
Teaching credential preferred but not required
2-5 years of teaching experience
Filing deadline TBA
* World Language Teacher: French – 60% at Foothill High School, Pleasanton, CA. Necessary information is at the Pleasanton Unified School District website. See: Job Openings. Filing deadline is July 11, 2014.
Seeking full-time Spanish instructor for 4th and 5th grade students. Competitive salary. Apply at http://www.edjoin.org/searchResults.aspx?keywords=hillsborough or contact Superintendent Ranii directly at firstname.lastname@example.org Open until filled.
* Two Spanish teacher openings at Cordova High School in the Folsom Cordova Unified School District. Positions include Spanish 1 and AP. Job descriptions and application information can be found on www.edjoin.org and by clicking this link:
Applications will be accepted until 4pm June 26, 2014.
* 2014-2015 El Dorado Union High School District Recruitment
Comprehensive High School Teacher
World Language – Spanish
The successful candidate will possess the skills, knowledge, and abilities to:
Teach content and skills in vocabulary, listening, literature, and appreciation of foreign cultures;
- Evaluate student performance and prepare applicable grade reports;
- Communicate and be available to parents and students to discuss individual student progress;
- Identify student needs and cooperate with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students;
- Participate cooperatively with the total staff in the development of a positive educational environment responsive to all students;
- Maintain professional competence through participation in Professional Learning Communities in-service education activities provided by the district and/or in self-selected professional growth activities.
Single Subject Spanish Credential
English Learner Authorization
This recruitment is part-time at a comprehensive high school.
Interested and qualified applicants are asked to send a district certificated application, letter of interest, resume, minimum of three letters of recommendation, and transcripts of all college work and relevant credentials to:
El Dorado Union High School District
4675 Missouri Flat Road
Placerville, CA 95667
Filing Deadline: June 10, 2014, 4:30 p.m.
For further information, please visit our website at www.eduhsd.net, or contact Lisa Alpers (530) 622-5081 ext. 7228.
* Loyola Marymount University has an opening for an Upward Bound Teacher, teaching a foreign language.
LOYOLA MARYMOUNT UNIVERSITY
UPWARD BOUND INSTRUCTOR
Funded by a grant from the U.S. Department of Education, Upward Bound provides educational and personal support services designed to increase the high school graduation and college enrollment rates of its participants. LMU UB serves 53 Westchester Enriched Sciences Magnet students from low-income families in which neither parent has earned a bachelor’s degree. Services include: academic advising, tutoring, college visits, assistance with the college and financial aid application process, social activities, community service, and a summer residential experience on the LMU campus.
The Upward Bound Instructor will teach 1, 2-hour course Monday through Friday, time TBD. Desired subjects are Latin, American Sign Language, or other foreign languages other than Spanish. In addition, instructors attend weekly lunchtime staff meetings and are available for occasional evening and weekend program activities.
Other responsibilities include: develop plan and implement innovative and interactive instructional programs to engage students for the six-week summer program, develop a pre and post-test assessment of core subject area taught, and maintain a positive learning environment.
Loyola Marymount University shares in a rich intellectual heritage fostered by the Jesuit and Marymount educational traditions and founded on social justice and ethical values. Governed by an independent Board of Trustees, LMU cherishes its Catholic identity while at the same time welcoming people from diverse social, religious, and cultural backgrounds. LMU is in Los Angeles, yet near the Pacific Ocean, offering a dynamic cultural environment.
We seek candidates who possess a Bachelor’s degree. A California Teaching Credential and Master’s degree are desired. The ability to develop rapport and work collaboratively with all members of the Upward Bound staff is required. We also seek candidates that have excellent teaching, organizational and communication skills, creativity and resourcefulness. Experience working with students from low-income backgrounds is required. We prefer incumbents with experience overcoming barriers similar to those of Upward Bound students.
Interested candidates may apply by submitting online a cover letter and resume to http://jobs.lmu.edu (reference #0140285).
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ivana Hazboun, PHR I Senior Human Resources Specialist, Staff Relations and Recruitment
Loyola Marymount University I One LMU Drive, Suite 1900 I Los Angeles, CA 90045-2659
Tel: 310.338.3809 I Fax: 310.338.2722 I www.lmu.edu
For information about a .6 FTE Spanish position in the El Dorado Union High School District, please contact: EL Dorado UHSD Spanish Position
San Mateo High School is seeking a French teacher for a third year class.
This is a 1/5 position in a block schedule. Class is tentatively scheduled for 50 minutes on Mondays, 90 minutes on both Wednesdays, and Fridays. Application Procedure: Interested applicants should apply through www.edjoin.org and include attachments.
Notre Dame Academy High School in Los Angeles seeks a long-term substitute teacher for a part-time Spanish position. Prior successful experience teaching high school Spanish required. Interested applicants please e-mail a resumé to:Lilliam Paetzold, Principal