July 20, 2018 - 1:00 pm
July 25, 2018 - 4:00 pm
AddressUC Santa Barbara View map
Summer Seminar in Santa Barbara is just around the corner
July 20-25, 2018!
THEME: Instilling Global Competency in World Language Teaching: Words into Action
2018 Summer Seminar Brochure click here.
- Keynote Speakers:
- Kiran Thadhani, Head of Generation Global, Tony Blair Institute
- Dr. Brandon Wiley, Chief Program Officer, Buck Institute for Education
- Dr. Aaron Bruce, Chief Diversity Officer, San Deigo State University
- Ken Simon, Chief Learning Officer, World Savvy
- Thomas Herman, Director, California Geographic Alliance
- A: Content-Driven Teaching that Promotes Global Competency in the Japanese Language and Culture Classroom
- B: Developing Global Competency in the Spanish Classroom
- C: Developing Global Literacy Through Strategies for Reading and Writing in the Target Language
- D: Expanding Learners Global Competence in the Italian Classroom
- E: Instructional Models and Strategies that Promote Global Competency Across Disciplines
- F: Multimedia Tools to Instill Global Competence in World Language Education: Learn Now and Put Tech into Action
- G: Project-Based Language-Learning: Guiding Students Toward Global Competency
- H: STARTALK Leadership Development for Teachers of Critical Languages and Cultures
- I: The Revised Can-Do Statements: Assessing Linguistic and Intercultural Performance that Leads to Global Competency
Click here for the online registration form.
Already Registered and you want to pay? Click on the link: Pay for Summer Seminar
Registration only: $650
Double Occupancy: $1,150
Single Occupancy: $1,250
Or click here to access the PDF registration form to print out and mail in.